Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Welcome to the cancer blog!

Well, I threatened to do it, and here it is. I have created a blog for updates with my cancer treatments. I'm assuming that if you've found your way here you know who I am already, but in case some poor soul is looking for solace on the internet and has stumbled here, allow me to (briefly) reintroduce myself.

My name is Amelia. I am 28 years old and I teach kindergarten at an awesome elementary school in Salem Oregon. I have a very loving and supportive boyfriend named Kris, and a slightly neurotic but loveable dog named Rory Calhoun. I'm a runner, slightly obsessed with nail polish and nail art, love shiny glittery gold things, and like playing the piano and guitar. I spend my summers working at the greatest summer camps in the world and have made the best friends in the world there. I have considered my life to be pretty normal until about a month ago when I found something weird, but i'll get into that more in the next post.

My hope for this blog is to be a place to let people know what I know about this disease. I will be sharing way too much about doctors appointments, personal feelings, fears, hopes, good things and bad. I apologize if anything is too much or an over share, but this blog is just as much to help me make sense of this mess as it is to let people know whats happening.

If you ever have any questions on anything, I am an extremely open book. I would also just like to state for the record that I do not have any sort of medical degree (aside from my hard earned 1st aid / CPR certification) and hope that anyone would contact a medical professional instead of letting anything I say sway their opinion of certain procedures or practices.

This is just me, and my incredible journey of battling the tumor that stole Christmas! (that was another brilliant suggestion for the name of this blog by the way)
(This is Kris and I lost in a forest, typical)

No comments:

Post a Comment